Our Doctrine Statement is based on the Bible and compatible with most evangelical, protestant churches.
The Doctrine we Believe in:
* The Divine inspiration and consequent authority of the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments. By the term “Divine inspiration,” we mean the truthfulness and authority of both the Old and New Testaments in their entirety as the only written Word of God, without error in all that it affirms in the original manuscripts, and the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
* The doctrine of the Trinity, one God revealed as Father, Son and Holy Spirit, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect.
* The Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His miraculous conception, humanity, miracles, bodily resurrection, ascension and return.
* The personality of the Holy Spirit, whose ministry is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age, to convict men, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for Godly living and service.
* The total depravity of man, who was created in the image of God; that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, and are incapable of pleasing God, and in the case of those who reach moral responsibility, become culpable sinners, utterly lost, and only through being born again, through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, in whom we have redemption through His blood, can salvation be obtained.
* The resurrection of the body, the eternal life of the saved, the eternal punishment of the lost; after death all men continue in conscious existence, the believers being “absent from the body, but present with the Lord,” the lost in everlasting conscious torment.
* The personality of Satan.
Those who will be eligible for membership on the Board, or Associate Board, shall be those who have confessed their faith in our Lord Jesus Christ as only Saviour, and who are active Christians. They must have a genuine interest in the E.Y.M. work, and should have some executive ability. The Board members shall be required annually, to sign their acceptance of and adherence to E.Y.M.’s bylaws, principles and practices.